Awareness is the key to recognizing and avoiding situations or responses which might make you vulnerable to having your accounts or personal information compromised. Read the tips below and the ID Theft newsletters to heighten your awareness of the scams in the marketplace.
General account safety tips:
- Do not give out your account information to anyone who calls you. If we call you, we already have this information.
- If someone calls you stating that he/she is an employee of the bank or working on the bank’s behalf, do not give him/her any information. Call the bank at 601.445.5576 or 866.425.2265 to verify the authenticity of the caller.
- We never send emails requesting account numbers, PIN numbers or passwords. We will not ask you to click on a link or visit a site to verify account numbers, PIN numbers or passwords. Do not answer these emails. Please notify us if you receive one of these emails.
ATM safety precautions:
- Keep your “PIN” number a secret.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night.
- It is appropriate to politely ask someone who is uncomfortably close to step back before you complete your transaction.
- If you notice something suspicious in the middle of an ATM transaction, cancel the transaction, pocket your ATM card, and leave.
- When inserting your card in an ATM card slot, notice any unusual or additional attachments to the card slot or the PIN pad. If you are concerned or the slot seems to look different, do not continue with the transaction. Please contact the financial institution with your concern.